Are you getting on the Facebook Live bandwagon? If you are, you might be wondering how to add Facebook Live videos to YouTube.
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how.
Before you migrate your Facebook Live video…
Think about your audience. Is the content of your Facebook Live video compelling enough for YouTube?
Facebook Live videos last longer than most YouTube videos, so you should consider editing your Live video before posting it on your channel.
Or you can create a new, more condensed video, which is what most of YouTube is all about.
Download your Facebook Live video
- Go to your Facebook profile and find your Live video
- Right-click on your video and choose Show video URL
- Copy the video URL
- Go to the KeepVid website and paste the video URL.
- Choose your File Resolution and download the video
How to add Live videos to YouTube
- Log into your YouTube account
- Click Upload
- Drag and drop your video file and wait for it to finish processing.
And voila – your Live video is on YouTube!
If you shoot a Live video from your mobile devices, it’s going to be a square video. Meaning, if you upload it to YouTube you’re going to see black bars on both sides. I have a workaround for that using an editor called ScreenFlow, and you can watch it right here.