Do you want to read a script while recording a video with your webcam? You will need a teleprompter. Today I will share with you the perfect desktop webcam teleprompter setup and some tips on what not to do if you want to look good on camera while reading a script.
What you’ll need:
- Head over to cueprompter.com.
- Copy and paste your script in the text box under “Quick start”.
TIP: Add a couple of blank lines at the top so that the script starts at the middle of the screen.
- Scroll down to the settings below the text box and choose how you’d like the text to look.
- Click Start Prompter. This opens up another tab with your script. Use the space bar to start and stop your script.
2. Zoom or ScreenFlow
- Get it here (only on iOS)
- You can also use other teleprompter software
- My favorite teleprompter is the Caddie Buddy, you can get it here.
5. Other Tools
- A tablet.
- A foot pedal (optional). You can use this so you can control the script without having to touch your keyboard.
What to do (and what not to do) if you want to look good on camera while reading a script:
- Don’t tape your script to your monitor or on the wall behind your monitor.
- If you need to read a script, push your chair back a little. It will make your eyes move less.
- If you don’t have a teleprompter, make an outline of what you need to say and put it on your desk, then look down at your notes periodically.
- Don’t read a script while doing a live powerpoint presentation. My recommendation is to just turn off your camera and read your script on paper.
Check out my channel for more teleprompter tips, and if you have any questions, drop them below!