Want to get more out of YouTube?
You can watch YouTube without creating an account.
But if you want to comment on videos, give them a thumbs up or down or subscribe to channels, you’re going to NEED an account.
Here’s the good news: it’s super easy.
Create a Google account.
Before you create your own YouTube account, you actually need to create a Google account.
Why is that?
Because Google owns YouTube. Plus, Google’s going to give you a bunch of other *free* tools, so if you don’t already have a Google account, you should definitely get one.
How to create a Google account:
1. Head over to https://www.google.com
2. Click “Sign In” (If you already have a Gmail or Google account, you can sign in to YouTube using that).
3. Create an account.
4. Fill in your information.
5. Create your username and password.
6. Tell Google your birthday and mobile number (for verification purposes only).
7. Type in current email address.
8. Agree to Google’s Terms and Services.
9. Enjoy interacting on YouTube!