Do you have an introduction video on your website?
An intro video lets your audience (potential clients) know what you’re offering and how you can help them.
If you’re doing a personality-based business like a coach or a real estate agent, it’s a great way to connect with your audience.
But first, I’m going to start with some assumptions:
1. You already know how to make a YouTube video.
2. You already have a YouTube channel. If you don’t have one yet, here’s a video on how to create a YouTube channel.
3. You know how to upload a video and
4. Lastly, that you already know how to add a YouTube video to your website.
How to make your intro video
1. Be on camera. A screencast may work, but if you’re in a personality-based business, it’s YOU your customers are looking to connect with.
2. Start with a question that addresses your customer’s pain point. For instance,
“Do you want to lose 20 pounds this week?”
3. Then introduce yourself and tell a story – most especially YOUR story. This is the part where you provide more information about yourself and your personal experience in relation to the pain point in step 2.
“I’m Brighton West, and last week I lost 20 pounds following this amazing diet!”
4. Talk about the solution that you provide.
“If you take this little pill, you’ll lose 20 pounds too!”
5. Finish up with your call to action.
“I want you to put in your credit card information down below and I will send you a dozen of these pills.”
6. Try to keep it right around a minute. Keep it short and simple.
There you have it! It’s as easy as six steps.