Video creators work with big files – files that are too big to attach to an email.
In this video I’m going to show you how to use a free file-sharing service that lets you send files up to 2Gb.
What I love about WeTransfer
WeTransfer is a very simple service: you upload the file you want to send, it’ll send a notification to the recipient of the file that it’s available to download, and after seven days, the file disappears.
I use other cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive when I’m working with a team, or if I need the files to be stored and readily accessible indefinitely.
But for one-time transfers, this is my go-to tool.
How to Use WeTransfer
- Go to the WeTransfer homepage
- Click Add your files. Choose the file you want to send.
- Input the recipient’s email and add a custom message (optional)
- Once it’s done uploading, it will pull up a message that says, “You’re done! The download email has been sent – your transfer is available for 7 days”
- You will get a confirmation email once the recipient has downloaded the file.
Using WeTransfer is super easy! If you’ve been using it for your business (or you’re planning to), share your experience in the comments below.