If you’ve been lucky enough to speak at a TED or TEDx event, they probably recorded a very professional video of your talk.
In this video, I’ll show you how to add your TED talk video to your YouTube channel.
How to Upload Your TED talk to your YouTube channel
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Find your video in the TED or TEDx YouTube channel where it was originally uploaded
- Click on the icon with three lines and a plus and choose ‘Create new playlist’
- Name your playlist and click Create
- Head over to your channel’s homepage. You should be able to see your TED talk within the newly created speaking playlist.
BONUS TIP: You can make your homepage more user-friendly by changing the layout! Just click the ‘Edit layout’ button below your banner image and create a section that features your speaking playlist.
You can’t really upload a copy of your talk directly on your channel, as YouTube does not allow multiple copies of the same video. I think this is a good thing, knowing that all the views, comments and likes will be accumulated in one place. Plus, it’s great proof of your authority to have a video on the TED YouTube channel.
If you want to learn more about how online video can help spread your idea worth sharing, then you should check out my free guide to online video for speakers, authors, and coaches.