Prepare for LPA Counseling Practitioner Videos
Be sure to be ready in a quiet place with a strong Internet connection at the time of our recording. Click the link I’ll send by email to join the recording studio in Chrome. The three most important things as far as setup are:
- Camera should be at your eye height
- Camera should be steady – not hand held
- Light should coming from in front of you, not behind.
Sample website video from Larry
The first video is for the website. The content outline is similar for each person so that we may have consistency. Ideally, you should write out a quick outline – not a script. If you prepare a script, you are likely to get stuck in your head trying to remember the exact words.
Each point will be recorded separately, so you won’t need to memorize anything.
- Who are you and what are your credentials?
- What is your philosophy or personal story?
- What excites you about your practice / passion?
- What do clients need to know about you / your style?
- Invitation to schedule an appointment.
Sample Psych Today video from Larry
The second video is for Psychology Today profiles. These are maximum 20 seconds long, so they are more of just an introduction and call to action.
This will be a very short version of the first video.
- Introduce yourself.
- One or two important pieces of information.
- Invitation to reach out.