Are you a YouTube content creator? Here’s a little secret for you to get more views on your videos. It’s called the “series playlist” and it pretty much guarantees that the next recommended video is one of yours.
In this video, I’m gonna show you how to create a series playlist so you can start getting more views on your own videos.
So the idea behind the series playlist is that the next recommended video or the video that’s gonna play next on autoplay is going to be one of your videos and not your competitors’. This is a powerful way to promote your other videos to your viewers.
How to create a series playlist
- Go over to Creator Studio and then click on the Video Manager option.
- Go to “Playlist” under the Video Manager option.
- Once you’re there, click on the New Playlist button on the upper right hand corner of your screen to create your own playlist.
- Give your playlist a title.
- Once you’ve added that, the page will reload to show your newly created playlist. Click on the Playlist Settings button you see below your playlist’s description.
- A box will appear to show you the Playlist Settings. Once that’s up, check off the box that says “Set up as official series for this playlist” under Additional Options.
Now you have your playlist set up! But it wouldn’t be complete without adding videos to it.
Adding videos to your series playlist
- After creating your playlist, click on the Add Video button you see on the upper left side of your screen.
- Go over the Your YouTube Videos tab.
- To select multiple videos, hold down the Shift key and then click on the videos you want to add to your playlist. Once you’re done, simply click the Add Videos button to add these to your playlist.
- Once they’re added to your playlist, do not forget to add a description to your playlist for SEO purposes.
One last thing: you need to remember is that you are not able to add videos to your playlist which are not yours.
Shout out to Jeremy Vest of Vidpow Marketing for teaching me this trick!
I know this will definitely give your video views a boost. Let me know if you’ve tried it and how it worked for you.