Setting up your teleprompter to see “eye-to-eye” on Zoom or Skype is easy. Let me guide you through the steps.
- Attach the tripod to the bottom of the Caddie Buddy teleprompter, with the adjustment arm facing forward.
- Adjust the teleprompter glass to a 45 degree angle
- Attach the webcam to the teleprompter and adjust it’s position.
- Attach the black fabric over the camera.
- Attach the power and HDMI cables to the Lilliput monitor.
- Place the monitor in the teleprompter tray, facing up with the buttons facing forward.
- Connect the webcam to a computer USB port
- *Connect the monitor to electricity and to the computer using any necessary adapters.
- Turn on the monitor and adjust your computer to mirror your screen.
- Adjust the settings on the monitor to flip the image and remove extraneous on-screen clutter. Follow the instructions in this video.
- Choose the external webcam in Zoom, etc.
BTW, links on this page are affiliate links – thanks for your support!
*8 – depending on your computer’s input options, you may need an adapter. You’ll need something that is HDMI A Female on one side, and the other side is Male and connects to your computer.
If your computer has an HDMI A port, like my older MacBook Pro, you can connect to that with the cable I originally recommended. No adapter needed.
If your computer has HDMI Mini or HDMI Micro (not common) then the necessary cable is included with the Lilliput monitor.
This can get tricky and I’m here if you need me. You can setup a Zoom consultation for one-on-one attention.