Do you want to delete your YouTube channel so you can create a better one? Or maybe really want to delete it permanently.
Today I’m going to show you how easy it is to delete your YouTube channel.
Delete or migrate?
Do you really want to delete your channel, or do you just want to migrate all of your content to a different channel? If you want to do the latter, then this tutorial is not for you. I will be creating a different video for that, so stay tuned to my channel for updates.
How to delete your YouTube channel
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Click on your avatar at the upper right corner of the page
- Click on the cog icon next to Creator Studio to access YouTube settings
- Under your name and email, click Advanced
- Click Delete Channel. This will give you an option to choose between hiding your channel and permanently deleting it. Clicking on either of these will let you see what’s going to happen to your channel, videos, comments, etc
- Check the boxes to confirm then click Delete my content. A confirmation message will pop up asking for your email address, then click Delete my content
And there you go! To confirm that you’ve deleted your channel, just head over to YouTube and sign in, click your Avatar, then Creator Studio. You will see a screen that says “You must create a channel to upload videos” with a link that says Create a channel.
If you deleted your channel so you can create a new one, then go ahead and click that link.
BUT – if you’re a small business who wants to learn more about marketing through online video, you might want to keep your channel and subscribe to my channel for more videos.