Do you want to create YouTube videos? Do you own a PC? Then this is for you!
In this video, I’m going to show you how to create your first YouTube video with a PC using Windows 7.
What you’ll need
- A laptop with a built-in webcam or
- A desktop with an external webcam (I use a Logitech C920)
- A microphone (I use a Blue Yeti microphone). If you have a built-in mic on your webcam or laptop, you can use that too.
- Windows Movie Maker. This is available for free from the Microsoft website.
Make sure you don’t have anything crazy going on in the background – pets and children running around, trash, basically anything that would distract your audience. Quickly check in the mirror to see if you look like how you wanna look on your video and if it’s all good, then you’re ready to go.
How to record your first YouTube video with a PC
- Click Webcam video. This will give you a live preview of what your webcam will capture. You will see a Record, Stop and Cancel button at the top.
- Make sure you’re properly positioned. You don’t want to have a lot of space above your head nor have your eye level at the center of the screen.
- Once you hit Record, Movie Maker will start capturing your video immediately. It doesn’t give you a countdown like Mac’s Photo Booth, so make sure to take a deep breath and smile.
- When you’re ready to go, just hit the Record button. Look at the camera – not anywhere else – and start talking.
- When you’re done, just hit the Stop button. A Save Video window will pop up, choose the folder where you want to save your videos, then click Save.
- Edit your video.
- Click the button with the down arrow beside the Home tab and click Save project. This allows you to save the file as a Movie Maker Project and makes it accessible for future edits.
- In the Home tab, click Save movie. Choose a file name and click Save.
- You can also upload your video directly to YouTube and edit it using the YouTube Editor.
Creating your first YouTube video with a PC is so easy! What are you waiting for? Start creating YouTube videos today.
And to make sure you look awesome on camera, I put together a list of the top 10 rookie mistakes to avoid. Click below to get instant access.