Create your first YouTube video and share it with the world!
How to look great in your first YouTube video
- Don’t have too much space above your head. Your eye level smack at the middle of the screen is a big no-no. So does having it anywhere at the bottom half of your screen. If you want to look great, make sure to have your eye-level at least two-thirds up from the bottom of the screen.
- Look directly at the lens. Make sure to look directly at the camera, not at the monitor or anywhere else.
- Talk directly to the camera. Take a deep breath and don’t forget to smile every now and then.
Creating your first YouTube video using Photo Booth
- Head over to Applications
- Open Photo Booth. By default, it starts in photo mode. If you look at the lower left corner you’ll see three buttons with the middle one highlighted blue.
- Switch to video recording mode. At the lower left corner, click the third button. Shifting from photo to video mode also changes the red button at the center from a camera to a video camera.
- Click the Record button. You will be given a three-second countdown before it begins recording.
- Click the Stop button once you’re done. Don’t forget to smile at the end of your video!
- Choose the file you just recorded by clicking the corresponding thumbnail at the bottom. Click File, Export then Save.
How to Upload your first YouTube video
- Head over to YouTube and login with your Google account.
- Click Upload at the upper right corner.
- Drag and drop the file to the upload screen.
So what are you waiting for? Go and record your first YouTube video!