Today I’m going to show you how to set up a channel and upload your channel trailer from your mobile device. You will need two apps for this – a camera app and Puffin, which is available on iOS and Android. For this tutorial, I’m going to use an iPhone.
Creating a channel trailer
Let me tell you something about channel trailers – they work. If you add a channel trailer, it can help you gain more subscribers and eyeballs on your videos, and that’s what we all want, right?
Here are a few tips on how to make a great channel trailer using your mobile phone:
- Hold the camera horizontally
- Look directly at the lens, so you’d be looking at your audience
- Use a tripod or a selfie stick if you want it to be more stable
- Tell your audience what your channel is about and what they can expect to see
- Ask your audience to subscribe
- Keep it as short as possible
For more details on how to create a YouTube trailer, click here.
Uploading your channel trailer
This is where the Puffin app comes in. When you install this, it’s going to ask you if you want to be in desktop mode or mobile mode. Make sure to choose desktop mode.
- Go to YouTube.com and sign in to your YouTube account
- Click Upload on the upper-right corner. (If you haven’t set up your channel yet, you will be prompted to do so before uploading anything)
- Click the arrow above Select files to upload and select the trailer you just recorded
- Once it’s uploaded, create a title and description for it, make sure the privacy is set to Public and hit Publish
- On the upper-left hand corner, click the three lines and go to My channel
- Click on For new visitors, then Channel trailer.
- Choose the video you want to set as your channel trailer and click Save
And that’s it! If you have any questions, just leave them in the comments below.